Job title – Reviewer
Reports to – Manager, Education Assessment Center
Work Location – Remote, South Africa
Work Hours – 40 hours per week
The Scalabrini Centre of Cape Town is looking for Reviewers to assist the company on a remote basis.
Reviewers are responsible for evaluating student project submissions using a rubric designed specifically for each project. The Reviewer provides specific, actionable feedback to students for any areas of the project that require improvement and resubmission. Words of encouragement are also provided to help keep the student on-track. Additionally, Reviewers occasionally work in teams with peers and attend individual and team meetings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
– Use rubrics and supplemental information to provide fair and consistent education evaluations with encouraging, specific, and actionable feedback.
– Perform education evaluations and communicate with students through an online Learning Management System
– Maintain an in-depth knowledge of every component of curriculum within assigned workload
– Respond to student outreach swiftly and return evaluations to students within 48 hours of submission
– Complete program improvement assignments, as needed
– Attend in-person, online video and telephone meetings with manager or team members
– Participate in quality assurance processes
– Participate in assessment norming processes
– Support academic integrity validation
– Protect student privacy
– All Reviewers are encouraged to join and visit the online Reviewer community
– Work in a team — both as a leader and active follower — in person and digitally
– Assess student submissions with integrity, honesty, and ethically
– Other duties as required to ensure the success of the assessment center
– Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree or enrollment in a Master’s degree program preferred)
– Prior college-level experience with online learning preferred
– Knowledge or expertise in competency-based education
– Ability to score consistently using a rubric
– Skill working in an electronic management system
– An encouraging and respectful attitude toward all students and colleagues; “can-do” attitude
– Demonstrated level of English fluency at the academic/higher education level
– Demonstrated level of fluency in at least one African language: Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, or Swahili
– Demonstrated fluency in use of technology, especially software applications
– Demonstrate ability to learn and utilize rapidly changing technological platforms
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Reviewers will work remotely, in a location (within South Africa) of their choice.
All work is completed on a computer provided by the assessment center and via cell phone.
Reviewers will be offered a competitive salary and a one-year contract, renewable at the end of the contract period, depending on performance.
Please email your cover letter including your salary requirements and your CV to SNHUGEM@gmail.com.
Include “Reviewer” in the email subject line.
Please address cover letter to Rachael Sears. Cover letters addressed to Dear Sir, will not be considered.
Closing date: 20th July 2020